Creativity can be defined as the ability of a person to generate new ideas and thoughts, solve problems in different ways, think differently, or seeing things from another perspective. Creativity is a trait that cannot be learned or adapt by seeing another person, it can only be found in the person’s thoughts and imaginations. Creativity when combined with the person’s skills, can help a person outstand from others. It makes you a unique
element that cannot be found in the common world.
What are the required creativity skills ?
You can improve your thought process by taking some simple steps. This will also change your perspective and you will get to learn new creative skills that will always help you. Here are the few creative skills that you can learn to become more creative in your workplace:
- Making connections- Your thinking process and ability to make connections between different things can help you a lot in being creative. Always try to connect things that you find new and find a common part between the new things and the things you have seen before.
- Making Observations- Observation is an essential part of the creative thinking process. Observe things and situations in front of you. This will help you connect things easily.
- Asking Questions- Whenever in doubt of a new thing or a situation, try to clear it out by asking questions. Your imagination and ability to see things and thought processes always raise questions in your mind. The more you ask questions the more you are in process of being creative.
- Experiment- Experimenting with your thoughts is sometimes necessary. Although, it can be harmful to your workplace sometimes, still, a creative person is always willing to experiment with his ideas to see if it works or not. They see failure as an opportunity to better and think differently.
- Networking- The environment near you affects your thinking process. You must try be around the people who are creative at their work , have different thoughts and perspectives. This will help you think out of the box. Your network of people with creative skills will eventually enhance your creativity, imagination and thought process.
You can also try a few steps to enhance your creativity if your workplace does not have the environment which helps you think creatively.
• Draw your work: Whatever you strategize for your work, try to draw it on a writing pad. You can don’t need to be artistic for it, just a simple flow diagram would also be enough for it.
• Change your thought process: Try to find a solution for a problem in a different way than others. Look for alternate ways that can be more helpful and time-saving. Imagine things differently and it will help you definitely.
• Listen to music: Listening to pleasant music has a positive impact on your brain. It relaxes your brain which later increases your brain activity. Obviously, a relaxed and refreshed mind would be more creative than a tensed one.
• Change your environment: As mentioned earlier, being around with people who are creative and think out of the box will make you think like them, change your perspective towards different things and situations.
Now, you have learned about being creative and how to enhance your creativity. Try these simple tips and grow better in your workplace. Make yourself outstand from the common crowd.